Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The gates of hell will not prevail!

This is from one of our members who was at worship on Sunday, I think it worth some prayerful reflection

Sunday morning I came to worship with a song in my heart.  As we started, I was interceding for various people attending that morning. The Holy Spirit burdened me with an incredible sadness for the church, or for so many people there that morning. The tears were literally streaming down my face as I continued to pray and worship. Then the Lord showed me arms in ancient shackles and the gates of ancient jails and I could hear Him say “the gates of hell will not prevail against My church” and He showed me how the shackles broke open and fell to the ground and how the jail gate just fell forward to the ground, setting free those who were jailed or captured. Yet the sadness remained throughout the service. I was intensely aware of Jesus’ heart for His people and His sadness over so many that claim to be part of His church, but who do not grasp how MUCH, how incredibly much He loves them and that He is right by their side serving them, waiting for them to look up and see Him and be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment