Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A great lenten testimony

One of our members wrote me this week:
Hi Brent

Just wanted to share a story with you about Lent.  I have decided to give up coffee and I am struggling a lot! I was telling my kids all about this, and what Lent is about and how we need to think about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins every time we can't have the thing we have given up!  My boy ,who is 8 years old, went to bed reading his Veggie Tales Bible, and read one of the cartoons on Easter.

Anyway, this morning he walked into the kitchen and announced that he is giving up his PSP for Lent, until Easter!  I was so surprised, as I have not asked the kids to give up anything, just told them all about it, and was just struck by how our children follow our lead by example.  I think this is one of the biggest struggles of following Jesus - trying to live by His
example!
But I was just amazed at how kids follow when we live by Jesus' example - my day started off well!

No comments:

Post a Comment